CREAMY TRIPLE MUSHROOM BISQUE WITH TURKEY
Assorted wild mushrooms can be substituted for either the shitake or portobello.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (3-ounce) package shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced
- portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 1/2cups chopped cooked dark-meat turkey (about 12 ounces)
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 1/2 cups cooked long-grain and wild-rice blend (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 1/2 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Place a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cover and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add turkey and next 6 ingredients (turkey through broth); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in onions and chopped parsley.
2. Place flour in a small bowl, and gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk until well-blended. Add milk mixture to mushroom mixture, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or until thick. Reduce heat; add rice and cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
CALORIES 226 (29% trom fat); FAT72g(sat3.2g mono 1.9g poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 19.45; CARB 21.1g,· FIBER 1.4g; CHOL 49mg; IRON 2.4mg; SODIUM 415mg; CALC 127mg