Here’s a great red wine sauce for short ribs, steak, and more.
- 2 TBL unsalted butter
- 1 TBL minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 TBL balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Reserve 1 TBL of drippings
- Warm drippings then add garlic and shallots, saute and stir frequently until tender about 1 minute
- Add red wine, balsamic vinegar, rosemary sprig and thyme sprigs, bring mixture to a rapid simmer over high heat.
- Allow wine mixture to reduce until thickened, about 1/4 a cup, 3 to 5 minutes
- Add in beef stock and rapidly simmer over high heat until the sauce is reduced and thickened to about 1/2 cup about 4 to 5 minutes
- Remove rosemary and thyme- discard.
- Turn off head and whisk in 1 TBL of butter
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.