From a coworker.
Pam’s Rib Rub
Ok ladies, so story we didn’t get together to mix this up! I just mixed up a batch and here is your base. Is you like a sweeter rub, add a little more sugar, half cup. If you like it a little hotter, add another half tsp cayenne.
- 2 Tbsp. Smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 Tblsp . Ground ancho chili pepper
- 1\2 Tblsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tblsp. Chipotle ground red pepper
- 2 Tblsp. Cayenne red pepper
- 2 Tblsp. Garlic salt
- 3 Tblsp. Northwood fire seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1cup loose pack Brown sugar
Mix well, rub on both sides of rib rack. Place ribs in 9×13 pan add 1\2 bottle of beer, cover with foil and bake 325 for 2 hours, then grill to crisp up. Baste with some bottled BBQ sauce while grilling.
You can customize to you own taste after first batch!
Note from Cindy – I like to get this all set up and let it marinate in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours before putting it in the oven. I also have used this for roasts (beef or pork) and it turns out really good (minus the grilling part).